Calabrian Formaggio in una Coperta
aka Calabrian "Cheese in a Blanket"
Our sights are set on Summer 2017 with this recipe. We are taking our two favorite things about Italy and pairing them together as a love letter to Calabria. We promise you we will be home soon, dear Calabria! Just the idea of wrapping thin slices of prosciutto crudo around 36 month aged Parmigiano Reggiano cheese starts to make our mouths drool.
Recipe serves 10 people
Ingredients for Formaggio in una Coperta:
- 1/2 lb. 36 month aged Parmigiano Reggiano cheese in a wedge or block
- 1/2 lb. Prociutto Crudo
Directions for Formaggio in una Coperta:
- Set oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut Prosciutto Crudo slices into 2 inch by 6 inch strips
- Cut Parmigiano Reggiano cheese into 1 inch cubes
- Wrap the Prociutto around the Parmigiano, place on a baking sheet and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the Prosciutto is crispy on the edges.
- Transfer to plate and serve warm.